1. Coq au Vin – This classic French dish is made with chicken or rooster cooked in red wine with bacon and mushrooms. It’s a hearty and flavorful dish, and a great way to get a taste of traditional French cuisine.
2. Bouillabaisse – This traditional fish stew from the coastal region of Provence, it typically includes a variety of fish, shellfish, and vegetables, and is served with bread and rouille, a mayonnaise-like sauce made with olive oil, garlic, and saffron.
3. Ratatouille – This Provençal vegetable stew is made with eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, and onions, and is typically served as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course.
4. Tarte Tatin – This classic French dessert is a caramelized apple tart that is typically served upside-down, with the caramelized apples on top and the crust on the bottom.
5. Crème brûlée – This rich, custard-based dessert is a classic French dessert that is typically made with cream, sugar, and vanilla, and is often served with a caramelized sugar topping.