When settling in France, it is advisable to bring all the necessary documents with you, as some may be more difficult to obtain once you have left your country of origin. These documents not only pertain to you, but also to your family members.
The following are some examples of documents you should bring with you:
- Your birth certificate
- Your marriage or divorce certificate
- The death certificate of your spouse, if applicable
- Your certificates and diplomas
- Letters of reference from your previous employers and a portfolio of your achievements
- Your vaccination record and medical file, including prescriptions, clinical exam results, and x-rays
- Your driver’s license
It is important to ensure that all these documents are up to date and properly translated, if necessary. In addition, it may be helpful to have copies of these documents readily available, as they may be requested by various authorities when establishing residency in France.