5-day travel itinerary for visiting the Picardy region by car, starting from Paris:
- Depart from Paris early in the morning and drive to the town of Beauvais, known for its impressive cathedral.
- Spend the morning exploring the Beauvais Cathedral and the town’s historic center.
- In the afternoon, drive to the city of Amiens and visit the famous Amiens Cathedral.
- Check into a hotel in Amiens for the night.
- Spend the morning visiting the Hortillonnages d’Amiens, a network of floating gardens and canals in the heart of the city.
- In the afternoon, drive to the town of Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, located on the coast of the Picardy region.
- Check into a hotel in Saint-Valery-sur-Somme for the night.
- Spend the morning exploring the town of Saint-Valery-sur-Somme and its charming harbor.
- In the afternoon, visit the town of Le Crotoy, also located on the coast, and take a walk along the beach.
- Return to Saint-Valery-sur-Somme and stay in the same hotel for the night.
- Spend the morning visiting the Château de Rambures, a medieval castle located in the heart of the Picardy region.
- In the afternoon, drive to the town of Compiègne and visit the Château de Compiègne, a grand palace that was once the residence of French kings.
- Check into a hotel in Compiègne for the night.
- Spend the morning exploring the town of Compiègne and its many historic sites, such as the Musée de la Figurine Historique and the Hôtel de Ville.
- Drive back to Paris in the afternoon.