1. Use bilingual dictionaries: Use bilingual dictionaries to look up new words and phrases in French. This will help you understand their meanings and how they are used in context.
2. Translate sentences and paragraphs: Translate sentences and paragraphs from French to English. This will help you understand the grammar and sentence structure of the French language.
3. Use English to understand French grammar rules: Use your knowledge of English grammar to understand the French grammar rules. This will help you to see the similarities and differences between the two languages.
4. Compare English and French idioms: Compare and contrast idioms in English and French, this will help you understand the cultural context and idiomatic expressions in French.
5. Watch French movies and TV shows with English subtitles: Watch French movies and TV shows with English subtitles, this will help you improve your comprehension skills and see how the language is used in context.