1. Increased understanding: Learning French through English can help you understand the grammar and vocabulary of the language more easily, as it provides a familiar point of reference.
2. Better retention: Using your native language as a foundation for learning a new language can help you remember and retain new information more easily.
3. More resources available: There are many resources available for learning French through English, as in French4me.net, which can make the learning process more accessible.
4. Improved transferability: Learning French through English can help you transfer the skills you have in your native language to the new language, making it easier to learn other languages in the future.
5. Cultural context: Learning French through English allows you to understand the cultural context of the language better and at an early stage of your learning process, as it provides a window into the history, customs and cultural references of the French speaking countries.