5-day travel itinerary for visiting Champagne by car, starting from Paris:
- Depart from Paris early in the morning and drive to the city of Reims, the unofficial capital of Champagne.
- Spend the morning exploring the Reims Cathedral, a Gothic masterpiece where many French kings were crowned.
- In the afternoon, visit the Champagne houses of Veuve Clicquot and Taittinger for a tour and tasting.
- Check into a hotel in Reims for the night.
- Spend the morning visiting the Champagne house of Ruinart, which is one of the oldest Champagne houses in the region.
- In the afternoon, take a scenic drive through the vineyards and visit the charming town of Épernay, home to several famous Champagne houses.
- Check into a hotel in Épernay for the night.
- Spend the morning exploring the Avenue de Champagne in Épernay, which is lined with grand Champagne houses.
- In the afternoon, visit the historic town of Hautvillers, where Dom Perignon famously discovered the Champagne-making process.
- Continue on to the town of Troyes and check into a hotel for the night.
- Spend the morning exploring the historic center of Troyes, with its half-timbered houses and medieval streets.
- In the afternoon, visit the nearby town of Aube and tour the Champagne house of Drappier.
- Return to Troyes and stay in the same hotel for the night.
- Spend the morning visiting the Champagne house of Charles Heidsieck, known for its high-quality Champagne.
- Drive back to Paris in the afternoon.